Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Silly boy...

Oh Bryan... you are a fool. What are you doing? Why did you let yourself get even a little attached? Jackass...

Remember... feelings, emotions are temporary. A conjur of the mind which distracts from true nature. Don't be fooled be feelings or emotions.

Duh...

So we were laying there last night talking and I was pretty content.

Then her phone rang.

As soon as it did, I blew out the candle and laughed because I knew what was about to happen. She was going to get off the phone and tell me that she was leaving.

She came back into the room and told me she was leaving. Big suprise. Was I mad? No. This however, is a perfect case in point, in clear example of how attachment, want, and desire can trigger events in the body to make an person feel sadness.

After she got her stuff together, she asked me if I was mad a few times (to which I replied "No", because I was not). Then she was gone.

I went back in my room, relit my candle and sat Zazen for about 10 minutes trying to release the feelings that were coming up. I felt a little anger, not much, some sadness, but overall... just plain silly. I reminded myself of a few things. One of the most important of those things being that these feelings and emotions only affect Bryan, the person, the human, the bag of flesh... not me. I am just playing Bryan for a little while. We are all just playing parts for a while until we return to what we all really are.

In the end I laughed about it because after, nothing really matters. The tinge of pain that I felt, my lonliess, my sadness, my feelings of worthlessness... they don't matter. They are all fleeting as well as artificial. They are only real because I make a concious decision to make them real.

My feelings and emotions are just creations of my mind. They are temporary, they go away. So now, it becomes a question of learning to let go of them or letting them sit and cause unecessary stress. I have accetped the fact that I have no control what happens for this particular situation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW bry... you really "seem" to be so in touch with yourself... that's pretty cool... and you can verbalize it too...

In trying to explain myslef, I usually just make a bunch of hand motions and say "or whateva" a million times. dis that last sentence make sense? Nope! Exactly my point!

See ya soon!!1 Yay!
A

Anonymous said...

Well I just finished reading a few of your blogs...It's funny how your dad is pimping you out around staten island..lol..sounds like someone I know..hmmm...Anyways I just wanted to leave you a comment..I am not sure what girl you keep referring to but I just wanted to tell you that she must be stupid to not see what an amazing guy you are..If I was lucky enough to be her I would have never picked up my phone and left...And don't roll your eyes over my comments cuz I am speaking the truth and you know it..YOU ARE A SWEET, GOOD LOOKING SMART GUY!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!..Talk to you soon..Oh and Staten Island is NOT NYC..It is the bastard borough

Anonymous said...

evolution is grande isnt it......get comfortable with yourself.....lose yourself in the moment then let it go.

j-

The Bryan said...

To reply to Nicole:

I agree with you, however, it should be kept in mind that all cicumstances of a situation may not be apparent.

It could be that this person has someone that she is seeing right now and for her to do anything with me would be disrespectful to the other person. So, it may not be that she doesn't see what "an amazing guy" I am, she may or may not, but it may be that she is currently not available or even interested.

I have thrown in the towel with trying to understand women and why they do the things that they do. It doesn't seem to be worth the trouble anymore.

Like I told you. I want to live in the moutains. = )

Anonymous said...

If she is "seeing" someone else, What the hell is She doing on your apartment? Weird. Something is behind that. Talk and make things clear for both of you.

Powered By Blogger