Saturday, September 03, 2005

Labor Day Weekend

Alright... this week fucking sucked at work. I was busier than I ever want to be ... ever. Unreal. Some good things did happen however.
1) I got Nik to carry the pager for an extra 2 days while I am back in NYC for Danielle's wedding.
2) I got 12/26 off so that I can come home for both Christmas AND New Year's. The only thing that I have to work out now is switching pager duty with someone else for New Year's weekend.

I am installing Mac OSX on my desktop as I am writing this... sooo geeky.

I didn't realize how bad shit was in New Orleans until I saw that shit on TV yesterday. It's horrible. I didn't bring anything to work to donate, but I did send $100 to the Red Cross. Apparently, that can take care of a family of 4 for 2 days. This is the first time I have ever donated to help in an event like this and although I can't be there to help them, I hope that money combined with everyone else who donates can help.

Gas prices are becoming ridiculous. I am thinking about going to Oshmann's and buying a bicycle. At this rate, it will pay for itself in about a month. I went to class today and the gas was $2.89. On my way back, it was $2.99. It went up $0.10 in an hour?!?!?! Holy fuck...

I should be ready next week to test for my blue sash in T'ai Chi. I hve the sword form pretty much down to where I don't have to think about it anymore. In class today, we did 24, then sword, then some dead animal meditations... crane and deer. They are kinda rough and we didn't even do that many.
    

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger