Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back in TX...

It has been a few days and I am back in Austin. My flight was pretty good. It left an hour late but still managed to get here 10 minutes early... go figure... I was able to watch the Family Guy movie on the plane... freakin hilarious.

So ... to pick up where my last post left off... last Saturday night... I started by going to Cargo (yes, I know... ) to meet up with Bill, Renee, Danielle, and Lenny. Gabi and Tommy happened to show up too, so I got to see a lot of people. On top of that, they don't charge me for anything there so as soon as my glass is empty... its full again and my money is still there...

Six drinks later, it's time to get the ferry to go chill with Alex. No one remotely even knows how excited I am to see this girl (she probably doesn't know either)... anyway... I am pretty toasted at this point. So I get on the ferry and down a bottle of water which helps get back to an decent level. When I get off of the ferry, I go down to the RW stop and no train... for like 10 min... I take a cab to 10th and A and go to Hi-Fi.

As I'm walkin outside to see where Alex is, she's walkin in. I buy her and myself a drink, meet her friends and we're cool. We hung out there for a little bit and then went to a few different places. At one point, we tried to get in to some club but they wouldn't let us in b/c there were 2 girls and 3 guys... not 3 girls and 2 guys... lame...

We finally went somewhere else and I had a few more drinks. After a little while we were all hungry so we went to some pizzaria at like 3am. When we were done there, we walked back to Alex's car to go home. Thank god she was cool to drive me home b/c I would have passed the fuck out on the train or in the ferry terminal. When I finally got home, layed down and fell asleep pretty much immediatly.

Sunday was rough. I got up at 9... had about 5 hours o' sleep... to help my dad set up the back yard for my sister's party. I was not capable of making any decisions... just moving things... finally people started showing up and it was a really nice day. I pretty much hung out with Morgan and her friends all day. I did get asked "how's texas" about 32087403274832 times... which was kind of annoying but I guess it's to be expected.

Later that night, I met Sara for coffee so I could see her before I left. It was really good to see her. For the first time, things feel like they are closed. When we were finally done, I walked her to her car and we were talking for a bit more there and then we hugged and said goodbye.

Monday, I kind of just hung around all day... didn't really do anything worth talkin about. On the plane ride home, something happened, that has not happened in a really long time.... I smiled. I smiled and I felt happy. The happiness came first, then the smile... which I think is the way that it should be.

Ok... I really need to finish up my work so I can get the fuck out of here...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryan is happy? Is tat the same happy I know? the H-A-P-P-Y kind?

You should smile... ALL the time!!

A

Powered By Blogger