Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Random things...

So last night, a friend here tells me that there will be a bunch of people from work going to this bar after work. I think, "cool... I'll make an attempt to be social", which means that I have to miss my class. So I go, and sit at the bar by myself for 20 minutes. After about 20, she shows up with her boyfriend and we go get a table... or something to eat... have a few drinks... they never show up. Finally she says "I think I got the wrong night...". Oh well... I was annoyed because I missed my class, but I got to hang out with 2 friends so it's not a total wash.

I woke up late this morning... 615, but still went to the gym anyway... I had an extrememly sharp eye pain while I was driving to the gym this morning... same eye, the right one. I felt like I wanted to pull my eye out and scratch behind it. After the pain, my eyes teared for about 5 mintues which made it difficult to keep my eyes open while driving.. not a good thing.

I slept pretty good last night. My body was very hot for most of the night. I could feel myself radiating... weird. I had a dream about her again last night. Why do we always want the things that we know we can't have?? Oh well...

I started studying the TCM (traditional chinese medicine) book that my uncle gave me last night. I actually felt compelled to take notes. I guess I actually want to learn this stuff.

Meditation:
1) Sit with your back straight.
2) Put your hands palm up, right hand in the left palm, touch your thumbs.
3) Touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

4) Imagine someone has attached a string to the top of your head and is pulling you up by it. Try to align the base of your skull with the top of your spine.
5) Breathe:
- Men: Breathe in for 6 counts, hold for 3 counts, breathe out for 6 counts.
- Women: Breathe in for 6 counts, breathe out for 6 counts, hold for 3 counts.
Notes:
1) A count is roughly a second.
2) You can breathe either through your nose or your mouth, whatever is comfortable for you.
3) You should however breathe into your stomach first down to Dan Tien (3 inches below your belly button about 2 inches inside your body), fill your stomach, then chest, then shoulders. Breath completely. When you breathe out, exhale from your shoulder, then your chest, then your stomach and pull your stomach in (try and touch your belly button to your spine).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is "her"?

The Bryan said...

That is not for Anonymous people to know.

Anonymous said...

Well then, what was the dream about?

The Bryan said...

Ohhhh that is for me to know isnt it?

Anonymous said...

What's the point of putting up a blog if you're going to be half-assed about it?

The Bryan said...

A) Who are you?
B) Why do you care?

If you don't like my blog, move on to the next one. I will write about what I want to write about. Not everything HAS to be public domain.

Anonymous said...

who is the "girl of your dreams"?? LOL

A

Powered By Blogger