Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Thesis Rant - Topic: Materialism

The following rant is aimed at no one in particular. This seems to be something that is becoming out of control in out culture/society and I wanted to write about it. Put your seatbelt on, I read this already and it's rough.

I hate materialism. If you are a materialistic person, I hate you too. Please don't ever talk to me. Additionally, please take this time to purge your genes from the human genome. It will be better for everyone in the big picture. If you are unsure about why you should be purging yourself, please read on, then, please, purge yourself. If you STILL don't get it, consider THAT the reason, and purge yourself anyway.

<Rant>

There aren't too many things or people in this world that I can say that I "hate". Materialism and materialistic people are, however in this category.

Look at the world around you. It seems to be getting worse every day. Watch the news, watch E!, go to a mall, what do you see? People obsessed with "things"..."stuff"... perhaps pretty on the outside, but shallow as the grand fucking canyon.

Oh!, look at what he/she one got me! I have to tell everyone and everyone should know b/c I'm so self absorbed yet so incredibly dead inside that I need validation from everyone around me just to feel a shred of real happiness in my horribly shallow, shitty life. . Who, by the way, all feed into the illusion that "you're hot", or sexually marketable in some strange, "wouldn't fuck that with a football field sized pole, and noise canceling headphones, my spinal cord severed, OH!, and a blindfold" sorta way. I hate you. Die. Please, for Christmas, for me, die. All of you.

What can this do for me? What can that do for me? What is he/she going to buy me? Where is he/she going to take me? Where in the hell has any sort of feeling for self responsibility, self respect, or self love gone? Well, they seem to be gone. It's all about "me" these days.

From what I can tell, a large part of the population seems to only give a flying fuck about themselves. Themselves and no one else. Me... me... me memem emememememememememememememe!!!!!!OIfhseavfhu uadfhajkjfklhgLU!@^#%^@%#^%@#%&@#&%(@*#)(*@)&#*^*&@^#&*@$#%!$ #@ *%*&#

Sorry, I got a little mad. No, wait.. I am not sorry.

I feel like everyday, our society and the people therein go down the spiral just a bit more. My generation of people ... a generation of fucking self absorbed, medicated (in some way.. pot, alcohol, meds cuz I have the fictional "disease" known as ADD, you name it), don't give a fuck 'bout nothing but "me" fucking fuck ups. This is our future... my, my how brightly it shines.

What happened to people that have substance? What happened to people that could talk about things other than what they want from here and what they want from there? What about what you want out of life??? Are clothes, cars, tvs, diamonds, and shoes all you want?? Is there nothing more???

What happened to people that worked for things? What happened to people that have self control? Sure, there are people out there, but they, we, are in the minority these days, it seems.

I don't even know where to go from here.

We have shows on TV that show the pettiness and shallowness of people. We have TV shows that highlight people being irresponsible, intoxicated, rude, obnoxious, horrible, wretched people with absolutely zero redeeming qualities. AND THIS IS IDOLIZED AND EMULATED!!!! Can someone please kill ME now? I have seen enough. We are done.

</Rant>

4 comments:

Unknown said...

whooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. stamping feet and fingers aflyin! some damn angry writin! i love it...there are others out there who think like you... have faith!!!

Unknown said...

lol i totally agree with u!!!

MATERIALISM SUX!!!

im so bored of everyone only caring about themselves and how much money they have, or what kind of clothes they're wearing, or what kind of car they drive!!!
THE LIST GOES ON FOREVER!!!

it drives me crazy everyday cos no one smiles on the streets or on public transport unless they are carrying a bag full of shopping and talking about what they have just bought.

i wish people would wake up and realise that happiness cannot be bought with materialistic intentions.

Michael Zanette said...

"happiness cannot be bought"

Although I believe this also, I can't say its necessarily true, sadly.

Anonymous said...

i think you should actually read into what the theory of materialism is.
to make it short, it states that everything such as a persons thoughts, consciousness as well as personality is composed of matter..
while the idealist theory states that reality consists of ideas and the minds that house them.

i don't think that the idea of people's happiness being due to money and items bought have anything to do with it..

Powered By Blogger