Friday, December 21, 2007

Good news, everyone!

It looks like things may be starting to turn around and this rut that I have been in may be coming to a screeching halt.

As I was packing and getting ready to leave for home, I got a call from my friend. I have been talking with this friend about joining his company, but up until a few months ago, it didn't seem stable enough. I have been talking with him over the past few weeks regarding his business and how it's going. Turns out they are having fulfillment problems, i.e. not enough people to do the work that they are bringing in.

They are using cool technologies (none IBM, thank god) and doing very cool work. So, he tells me that he has agreed on a deal that will be funding my salary.

Anyway, an offer is being drafted and should be ready by the time I am in NYC. If all goes well, meaning, I look at it on Thursday and I like it, I will sign it. When I get back to Austin, I will give my current employer notice... and that will be that.

Fucking awesome. Small company, cool technology, shifting responsibilities. Everything I do matters. I am not a cog in a giant machine. I'm like.. uh.. a big part of the machine... sorry... I couldn't think of anything witty.

In other good news, I got to talk to 2 old friends yesterday. One really, really old, like from when I was in grade school and one from high school. I very much hope that I will get to see them both while I am home.

1 comments:

Kevin Taggart said...

heya b-ster--
great news again! i'll check back later today to see what's happening.

Powered By Blogger