Friday, December 07, 2007

101 in 1001

Ryon showed me this site yesterday:

This idea is an alternative for a "New Year's Resolution". Resolutions are lame. We all know it. How many years have you made a new year's resolution, stuck to it for 3 weeks, then returned to your normal <whatever your resolved to change>? How many years have you made the SAME resolution that you did the previous year, then flake out?

This idea, I think, is great. Instead of just one year, you get 1001 days which is (1001/365 = ) 2.742468 years. In this time, you set 101 goals to accomplish. They can be major ones, but they don't have to be. They can be something as simple as "hang a picture" or "take a class on <x>".

I have decided that I want to do this.

Last night, I went to the new "It's a Grind" that just opened by my house and started getting my list in place. I've got about 69 things on there so far. Just 32 more to go. I split mine up into 4 categories. These may change, but here goes:

Personal/Mental Physical

1. Meditate no less than 3x /week.

2. Read at least 1 book per month.

3. Wash my car 2x/month.

4. Wax car every 6 months.

5. Don’t forget a birthday.

6. Talk to at least 1 stranger / week.

7. Meet a friend for coffee at least once a week.

8. Cook something new at minimum once per week.

9. Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet.

10. Complain less.

11. Swear/cuss less.

12. Shave every 2 days.

13. Pay down debt.

14. Do not buy things that I do not need.

15. Watch less TV.

16. Use the computer less.

17. Don’t stay home as much.

18. Downgrade Dish! Network to cheapest plan possible.

19. Downgrade home phone service to cheapest plan possible.

20. Do not participate in negative speech regarding others.

21. Invite friends over to my house more often.

22. Become friends with Stephanie.

23. Don’t be afraid to go on a date.

24. Go to a show every once in a while.

25. Write for 5 minutes per day before I go to sleep.

26. Call my grandparents 2x/week.

27. Go to Spain with Jose.

28. Stop looking for a girl.

29. Go to a comedy club once a month.

30. See a movie once a month.

31. Eat sushi 2x / month.

1. Obtain my 2nd Black Belt.

2. Do something physical no less that 4x/week.

3. Relearn 4 roads of Meteor Fist.

4. Purchase a bicycle.

5. Ride bicycle.

6. See a dentist 2x/year.

7. See an optometrist 2x/year.

8. Get a physical 1x/year.

9. Try acupuncture.

10. Practice Chi Gung at least 2x/week.

11. Learn Tai Chi Broadsword.

12. Learn Tai Chi Broadsword 2 man set.

13. Practice Chen Tai Chi at least 2x/week.

Career House

1. Move to a position that stimulates me mentally.

2. Move to a position where I care about the work that I am doing.

3. Stop counting the minutes until Friday 5pm.

4. Pick a programming project that I have always wanted to implement and do it.

1. Build fire pit in the back yard.

2. Build shelving in the garage.

3. Build work bench in the garage.

4. Obtain and hang a ceiling fan in the living room.

5. Box out front flower beds and trees.

6. Replant flowerbeds.

7. Start an herb garden.

8. Install garage door opener.

9. Vacuum once a week.

10. Mop floors once a month.

11. Change air filters.

12. Purchase Christmas decorations.

13. Decorate guest bathroom.

14. Decorate guest bedroom.

15. Get new, more comfortable desk for the office.

16. Hang framed prints from Europe.

17. Decorate the master bedroom.

18. Hook up computer surround sound.

19. Mow lawn as needed. Don’t be a slacker.

20. Fertilize lawn 2x/year.

21. Obtain furniture for front porch.

 So, that's it or for now. I will find more later.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger