Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Yesterday's Fasting / Last Week Recap

I know, I haven't written in a while, sorry.

I had sort of a hard time last night. I did really well for most of the day. Mostly, it was the typical hunger pangs that would soon go away. I just focused on drinking a lot of water.

I got to my school around 615. I told myself to take it a bit easy, but, I never listen. I started with some moderate jump rope while the kid's classes finished out. When they were done, I, like a raging lunatic covered almost every piece of material that I know at a quick pace.

After the above, I went to Ben's class, then taught my own. By the time I got to my class, I was feeling very tired, and a little weak, but overall still ok. I was really looking forward to going to Kirby Lane, as we always do on Monday night. The drive there was fine too.

Finally, we sat down on the outside patio. It was actually really nice. Then the cold sweat started. I am not quite sure as to what physiologically happened to me, but I felt light headed, nauseous, really hungry, but I didn't want to eat. Just overall, really bad.

I ordered a Hibiscus Fizz thinking some sugar might do me good. It didn't really. For food, I ordered the famous chicken verde omelette with canadian bacon and some wheat toast. The odd part was that I was REALLY looking forward to the toast, I guess because I wasn't feel well. I always associate an upset stomach with eating bland food like toast. Anyway... my food came out, my toast didn't. Damn you, you damn Kirby Lane hippy. I finished my omelette and bacon. The my toast finally came.

I got home and laid down. Finally, I felt better.

Interestingly enough, this morning, thinking I would be starving, I made a 3 egg omelette with peppers, mushrooms, tomato, and cheddar. I couldn't even come close to finishing it. I am hoping that my eating is starting to change.

It is really nice to be back in Austin. Last week, I went to the north east area for work. I got to see my family too, which is always a plus. It was a very hectic week. I flew in Tuesday arriving around noon, saw some clients, then finally got home around 9pm. The next morning I had to wake up early to be off to Long Island. After a full day there, we drove up to NH. You can see some pictures from this on my mobile blog.

After going to sleep close to 2am, we had to wake up at 8am to get to client #2 on time. We worked for most of the day and actually provided all of our deliverables (we had 2 days to do this). Leaving at 545pm or so, we went back to the hotel to relax a bit, then went to a restaurant called "The Library". I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in the Portsmouth area. I ordered an 8oz fillet mignon with with a wine and gorgonzola sauce that was delicious. We shared some sides.

After dinner, I took a walk (thank's to google maps on my phone) to what looked like the town square. Earlier in the day, I had previously emailed one of my former managers from <giant company> knowing that she lived in Portsmouth, to see if she wanted to meet up for a few just to say hi. You know, networking is important. I don't remember the name of the place that we went to, but it was right on the water and you could see Maine from where we were sitting. It was really nice. She was always my favorite manager. It was nice to see her.

The next day, we went in just until noon and then started the trip back to NYC. There were many engaging discussions that one might imagine people in a small business might get in to. Overall, it was a very productive trip.

I finally got back to my parents house around 8am, ate dinner, and subsequently, CRASHED.

Saturday was really nice. I woke up a little early and met Danielle & Lenny for breakfast @ Mike's Place on New Dorp Lane. Yum! I got to see their new house, which is VERY nice and then they brought me back to my parents house where I spent the rest of the day. My grandparents came over as well. All in all, it was a really nice day.

After dinner, we went to a different Mike's Place (this time on Arden Ave) for some coffee/dessert. Good times.

Sunday morning, I awoke to go back to the dreaded LaGuardia airport. I have to say, I was really surprised at how easy parking was. Additionally, check in was a breeze. I guess that is what you get when you have a flight early on Sunday morning. My flight from NYC -> Houston was fine and on time. My flight back to Austin we delayed for over an hour due to some part being broken on the place that needed to be replaced. Sucked, but, shit happens. I'm happy they found it BEFORE we took off =). Finally, around 6pm, I was back in Austin and with my V. I missed her a lot.

I will write some more later. I should probably do some work now...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger