Friday, June 13, 2008

Just a quickie...

What a weird morning. Both of us were up at like 4am. WIDE AWAKE.

Needless to say, I am hella tired now. I went to class this morning, then over to Sodade for some tea and to hang with Nik for a bit.

I then had to stop at the god forsaken AT&T store. Why?, you ask? Well, I have had no service on my phone for 2 days now. You don't think that has anything to do with my recent switch to UVERSE does it? Hmm. Well, upon arrival at the AT&T store, I tell the sales associate my dilemma. He is very empatheeeetic and does some keyboard acrobatics only to find that my account, has indeed, been canceled.

I can only surmise that things occurred in the following manner. Last Sunday, I had DISH! network, and AT&T DSL/home phone. My cell phone bill is rolled into this bill as well. I received a call notifying me that UVERSE is now available in my area. Woopie!I kindly ask if, once my home phone and DSL are disconnected if I can have my cellular bill rolled into my UVERSE bill. "Sure, no problem. I will make a note on your account", he says. No problem indeed.

Apparently, whatever ape they have processing orders at AT&T interpreted that note as "cancel account... ooo oo oo aaa aaa aaaa". Awesome.

So, after about 30 min of standing around the AT&T store, my service was restored. Thank you AT&T. Can I have my time back now please?

Incidentally, while I was there, I used an iPhone to send notifications to boss to let him know that I was going to be back online soon as I was stranded in the AT&T store, held hostage until this issue was resolved.

I should have never touched the iPhone. Now, I really want one. Sigh...

Back to work...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger