Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Feeling accomplished...

Finally, I was able to wake my happy ass up at 640am and get to class on a Wednesday morning. Let's try to go 2 for 2 and do it Friday as well.

This morning's class was very good. I finished five directional palm which puts my mind at ease a little bit. Testing is coming up rather quickly and we all still have one form left to learn. I have been a little worried as of late that I don't have all of my material yet, but then again, August 20th is still 2 months away. One month to learn one form and one month to practice them all is a very good amount of time.

I think, at this point, I need to focus a lot more on my physical conditioning and endurance rather than the forms themselves. They will come through repetition. I will be ready, don't you worry.

I am really looking forward to going to the Bleach movie tonight. I, again, have already seen it, but it will be really nice to see it on the big screen.

<Rant>

So, after class I was on my way home and listening to ABC talk radio as I normally do during the day. When the news at the top of the hour came on, I heard the following (which, I can't directly quote, so I will paraphrase):

The Hulk movie coming out on Friday could potentially influence kids to smoke. One of the characters, the army general ALWAYS has a cigar in his mouth. Whether it is lit or not, it is always in his mouth. This could influence kids that smoking is cool. Because of THIS, this movie should be rated R.

Just did a search and found a link to the actual story:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080611/aqw030.html?.v=61

Alright... here we go. Bullet list time.

  • Personal/parental responsibility - Parents, do your fucking job, and parent. They are many many people with kids, and very, very few parents. If you see smoking in a movie, how about having a heart to heart with your kid about how smoking is bad. Tell them how grandma died from smoking. Whatever you tell them, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM. Stop putting the onus on raising your children on schools, TV, media, and the Internet. If you don't want to be a parent DON"T FUCKING HAVE CHILDREN!
  • Smoking?!?! Ok, so, the Incredible Hulk isn't about a young boy that takes a walk though a flower field and dreams happy thoughts. It's about a very tortured individual that has been genetically mutated by gamma radiation. He is not a happy person. He is not a stable person. He is a very violent person. If SMOKING is the worst thing that your retarded kid learns from this movie, good for you!
  • DON'T BRING YOUR STUPID ASS KIDS TO MOVIES THAT COULD POTENTIALLY TEACH THEM BAD THINGS. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?! IF YOUR KID DOES LEARN SOMETHING BAD FROM A MOVIE, IT IS YOUR FAULT, NOT THE MOVIE'S FAULT. TALK TO YOUR KIDS SO THEY DON'T GROW UP TO BE RETARDS LIKE YOU!

</Rant>

Ahhhh, I feel better now.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger