Thursday, January 13, 2005

Moving...

I am taking a break from packing stuff up. No, I don't have that much stuff, but I am being lazy. All that's left really is to tape up the boxes and break down my computer. I can't do that right now though b/c Adult Swim is on tonight and I MUST fall asleep during Futurama as I have done for the past few days.

I am turning into an old man. It sickens me. I don't go out anymore. I want to start going out to see what this city has to offer. It has been pretty boring so far. That is not a shot at anyone here that I know here but myself for not taking enough initiative to get out there and see it. I think that once I am settled in my new place I will be more prone to going out.

Anyway, I am picking up the truck at around 430 tomorrow afternoon, leaving my car there and coming back here to start packing. I can load all the small stuff and have that ready for when Jose gets here. All in all, it shouldn't take THAT long. I am going to go to Target during my break tomorrow to pick up some stuff. Nothing crazy b/c my mother told me to wait until they got there to buy stuff like that.

I am looking forward to living so close to my job. I have never been able to drive for 10 minutes to get to work. I have ALWAYS had a commute to deal with NYC. I am very much looking forward to just doing things whenever and however I want. Nuff a dat...

I am tired right now. We have been to the gym 4 days so far this week. Waking up at 6 kills me (I know... waaaaaaaa 6am waaaaaaaaaaa), but I do feel really good after I take a shower. Even if we just do cardio, I feel like I have done something good for myself... at least one thing.

I went to the free karate class that was offered at IBM on Tuesday night. It was ok... what did I expect for a free class??? It's a close in style called Ryuken (hmm.... Street Fighter 2??) that is from Okinawa. It was ok for the first class... she showed 6 escapes from choke holds... mostly stuff I have seen before. I think that the problem is that I really miss kung fu. I think I just like it better than the Okinawan karate styles.

Oh well.. back to packin....

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger