Saturday, November 24, 2007

Waiting at the airport...

So I'm sitting in the airport waiting to go home to my house in NYC. I am very much looking forward to going home given the impact that recent events have had on my life.

Thanksgiving was pretty nice yesterday. I went to Jose's house to meet him and Lucy, Rafa, and his family. We then all went over to some guys house that I think I have met once or twice over at Jose's place. They were really nice people and very welcoming. I felt very comfortable in their house. It was really nice of them to let me come. It kinda sucks when you don't have your family here, but, what can you do. They have always been my TX family. I guess in my case, I am lucky in the fact that I did get to choose my family. Most can't.

It was really weird getting ready to leave today. I actually put my car in my garage. I have never done that before. It was weird. It was also strange to get someone to watch my cats for me. I guess there is a lot of stuff that I will have to get used to.

Anyway... back to Thanksgiving yesterday. Sorry for the tangential digression. This house that we went to was beautiful. It was giant and decorated beautifully. I don't think I have ever had the desire to decorate a house as this was, but it looked like a model home. In fact, the family seemed like a model family. Come to think of it, all of the people there seemed to be model people. Stepford almost in a way. It was nice, but disturbing a little at the same time. Oh well, what can you do. I have to admin I am slightly envious of people with perfect lives.

I guess nothing is really perfect though, despite appearances. I don't wish anything bad for them, I don't even know where I am going with this.

I have been feeling weird lately... sad but not. Happy but not. Everything but no, but it seems mostly my feeling seem to cancel each other out.

Thank you Silversun Pickups, you have helped... more later...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger