Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh please...

So I was driving this morning and I heard a commercial on the radio:

"High school is hard. Graduating is <pause> harder."

... I don't remember the rest. I stopped listening after that one sentence. Technically, I didn't stop listening. Technically, I couldn't hear the commercial anymore as the words "are you serious?? are you fucking serious?!?!?!" were playing over and over in my head.

High school is... HARD?!?!??! I can think of many things that high school was... "hard" is not one of the words that comes to mind. Basic high school, save AP classes and anything outside of the basic curriculum is not by any means, hard.

Hey fella, I went to high school. I don't recall it being all that bad. I am about to give you some gems o' wisdom. Get ready to have you minds blow with my 3 STEP PLAN TO GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL:

1) Go.

2) Pay attention, somewhat.

3) Graduate.

... there you go. If you go to high school, and sit in the building for 8 hours/day (you DONT even have to go everyday, but shhh) and just kinda watch what the teacher is doing, you have a pretty good fucking chance of passing this particular class.

"What about homework? I don't want to do homework!"... well kid, I don't want to pay taxes, but you know what? I don't want to go to jail. Do you want to go to jail? Then go to fucking school, do you homework and stop whining.

Tell your friends / homies / bloods / crips / gang of any denomination / amigos / crew / posse / girlfriend / boyfriend / <whoever you hang out with> that you will see them in just a little while b/c you have some learnin' to do. They will call you names, but, when you are making a lot more money than them, you can call them whatever you want from your really nice house. You can even do a drive by insulting as I'm SURE your car, that you can afford b/c you sat in a building for 8 hours a day for 4 years and sorta stared towards the front of the room, can outrun theirs.

I don't know if I am getting older or if kids are getting worse. Maybe it's a little bit of both. I find that, these days, the majority kids do not know what it means to struggle for anything, or to achieve anything unless it's getting to level 65 in some video game. Hey, just so you know, that video game experience, doesn't ACTUALLY transfer to REAL LIFE experience, retard.

Kid: "Mom, this homework is too hard".

Mom: "Wow, I'm going to go have a word with your teacher tomorrow to get this homework difficulty reduced. How's that son? Oh, and don't forget your ritalin!"

How's about this... why don't you sit down with your little pile of shame and try to help them? Oh, you can't remember how to do this stuff? Well guess what, neither does the majority of America, but you know what? School has blessed you with the skill of reading. Put down the beer/crack/heroine/weed/acid/schrooms/X and help this poor thing that you have brought into the world. Make him/her a better person than you were. THEY NEED YOUR HELP.

Still, I am pretty sure that we are fucked....

1 comments:

dad said...

thats what i thought about your generation!

Powered By Blogger