Saturday, April 19, 2008

In Mississippi!

(I wrote this on 4.19.2008, but couldn't post it until today)

We are in Mississippi!

The trip yesterday was pretty good. We ended up leaving a bit later than planned, but we still got here at the time that Victoria had predicted.

Overall, the road trip was pretty uneventful. We stopped twice - once for breakfast and once for gas and lunch. Although I was somewhat restless by the end, it went by pretty quickly.

We got to Philadelphia around 530pm. After a brief tour through the town, we arrived at Victoria’s father’s house where I met her father, step mother, her brother and one of his brothers friends. When we arrived, her brother (who is 11) was riding around on the motor cross track that his father built for him. It was pretty cool to see.

After visiting with them for a bit, we left to go to Victoria’s Granny’s house. This house is on 140 acres, which is, to be honest, unfathomable for me as:

a) I have no concept of how big an actual acre is.

b) I grew up in New York City. There is no such thing as an acre. We deal in sq. ft.

Anyway, she was very nice and cooked us one of Victoria’s favorite dinners called “Chicken Spaghetti”. This is something that I had never heard of, but will soon be trying to learn how to make. It was delicious. The dinner was accompanied by some delicious sweet tea. Also a first for me.

The dinner was followed by your choice of:

a) Cornflake candy – also delicious.

b) Coconut cake – holy crap.

c) Caramel cake – I didn’t taste this as, well, I just couldn’t eat anymore.

After dinner, we left and came back to her dad’s place. We ended up going to sleep around 930 or 10. We were both shot.

I woke up this morning and thought it was 10am, when in fact, it was only 630am. I guess that is what going to sleep early will do for you.

Today’s agenda will include going to eat some Greek food for lunch at a place called Keifer’s with Victoria’s other set of grandparents. Then after some visiting, we will go to her friend’s wedding.

See ya!

1 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

Oh my goodness, can I go and live with Victoria's grandmother?? those desserts sound so good, I'm jealous.

Powered By Blogger