Monday, March 13, 2006

I got it...

I think I got it. I think I finally got it...

First off, let me start by saying that I am too happy to sleep. Now, a little background. I have been taking T'ai Chi classes for almost a year now, I would say. I have been learning moves up until this point, but tonight... tonight... something different happened.

As I was practicing, this overwhelming feeling of happiness just came over me. I realized a lot of things tonight, but I'll get to that in a minute. To sum it up, there is a baby screaming its head off outside, and I am not bothered in the least by it. I'm not in my own little world... I am not high... I just am....

Anyway... back to this feeling. As I am doing my forms, I am focusing on now. Here and now. I wasn't thinking about things from the past or what I am going to eat tomorrow for breakfast, or about how tomorrow is going to suck b/c it's Monday... I wasn't thinking about any of that. I was experiencing the moment for what it was... the air between my fingers, that carpet under my feet, the blood in my hands... I could feel it all and this was what happiness was tonight. My mind was free. Free from itself...

After this, I laid in bed and thought about my life and where it is right now. When I started working for... well... you know who I work for... one of my goals was to be making 100k by the time I am 30. To be honest, that doesn't seem all that important anymore. I have a job that enables me to do the things that I want to do, be flexible and have a life outside of work. For once in my recent life, I can finally say that I am happy where I am. Content. Not complacent. Happy. The only aspect that is missing is having my family here. I miss them terribly.

I compare the above to how I was feeling a year ago at this time and it is like night and day. I feel that I have come a long way and am proud of myself for doing so. I want to make every effort to have this feeling and attitude at all times in my life no matter what.

Even though I am still too wired to sleep... my girlfriend is in the bed all alone... she's sleeping... but still... she's all alone. I'm gonna go keep her company...

Good night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bry-

i couldnt be luckier to have you for a brother.

i love you
i love you
i love you

-morgan

p.s. i love you :)

Anonymous said...

so happy and proud bry!

-A

Powered By Blogger