Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The vacation is over...

I finally started taking phone calls from customers on Monday. It was so great... so many things weren't working. What a first day... but... now, when everything works, it seems easy!

It is hard getting used to the workload. Since I moved down here in October, my job has pretty much been everything at my own pace... no real deadlines or stress. Now, I have to worry about meeting expectations of customers and all that stuff. If I miss a follow up with a customer, that is a big fucking deal because when these people are talking to me, to them I am the company that I work for. That's a little intimidating, but atfter 3 days, I am becoming more comfortable with it.

My family was here last week. It was so good to see them. Although it was cramped and a little annoying at times because we were in my 1 bedroom apartment and I didnt reallly sleep well while they were here, I still would not have had them not come. I am very happy that they did. I showed them a bunch of places in and around Austin. We went to San Antonio for a day to see the Alamo and some other cool things there. Most of all, it was just great for them to be here.

My karate classes have been good. We are learning some really cool stuff even some things with weapons.I have settled into going 2x week. I don't feel right if I don't go.

I have not been happy lately. Except for the days that my parents were here, I have been pretty lonley. Living alone kinda sucks. It feels good to be out on my own and all that, but... when I don't have karate class after work, I don't generally do anything. Its boring...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger