Saturday, February 12, 2005

I hate the airport...

Read the title, what do you think this one is about?

Jose asked me to drive himself and Lucy to the airport for his trip back to Spain today. I woke up at 4am to get them to the airport around 515. Now its close to 6am and I'm home. The Austin airport makes me sick. There is nothing wrong with it, but I can associate it with nothing but sad memories. Yes, I know... waaaaa people leave from the airport waaaaa.... well... I guess it's just due to my mounting lonliness that these sorts of things affect me.

One thing though that did happen on the way to the airport which was kind of cool was this... we were on 2222 and there are no lights here on some routes. I ALMOST hit a dear. Now, when I saw almost... I did not see the thing until it was too late, but my car was already out of the way and swearving. I reacted without even registering the fucking thing at 415am... half asleep and braindead from the events of the week. Pretty cool...

Braindead you say?? Why braindead? Well... I am just adjusting to the new workload that I have to handle at work. I am sure that this won't be a normal occurance, but last night when I got home I was nothing more than a fucking vegetable. I was on the phone with my mother and it was laborious just to get the damn words out of my mouth. All I did was stare at the TV for about 3-4 hours, then go to sleep. I was invited out by a friend from work, but didn't go b/c I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to wake up to drive to that god forsaken airport.

I am going to sleep now...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger